First thing you do when you get a Ethernet Shield for Arduino (in my case Duemilanove). You will be uploading various example sketches. I was doing the same Ardoino was working flawlessly and then I got stuck in WebClient sketch.
I did all the things I could do.
- Reset Arduino.
- Reset Ethernet Shield.
- Change Ethernet cat5 cable to shorter one.
- Change Router setting.
- Change MAC address in program.
- Change last 2 octets of IP 192,168,6,xxx to 192,168,1,xxx.
- At last Google about this issue.
Point to be noted I was able to run WebServer sketch and it was flawless. So I was sure shield is good.
With a quick google found this thread on http://www.arduino.cc.
Some one said that don’t connect google ;). Bingo. Its Google.
Fcuk that. But WebClient too works flawlessly.